MarkNet X2011, X2012 and x2031, X2032 Family
X2031e - Ethernet 10/100BaseTx 46D0020
Same as the X2011e, but has 2 IEEE 1284-B parallel ports and 1 DB-9 serial port. For 10/100BaseTX Ethernet with RJ-45 connector
Network Protocol Support
TCP/IP Standard Set of Application Services
- MarkNet print servers support these protocols: TCP/IP, Novell (IPX/SPX including NetWare Directory Services), AppleTalk and LexLink
(DLC/LLC). All protocols can be active simultaneously. Simultaneous protocol support allows you to print from different systems without reconfiguring the print server.
Embedded Web Page
- These application services are supported: DHCP, WINS, SNMP (industry standard printer MIB), http, lpr/lpd, ftp, tftp, ping, finger, telnet, bootp and rarp. In addition, these TCP/IP protocols are also supported IPP: Internet Printing Protocol, SLP: Service Location Protocol, NTP: Network Timing Protocol. Service Locator Protocol (SLP) provides key services to your network applications allowing the applications to find the print server in an efficient manner. Network Time Protocol (NTP) ensures that all devices on the network are synchronized with your centralized time server.
- Supports an embedded Web page with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later and Netscape Navigator 6.0 or later for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000 or Windows NT. The embedded web page allows administrators to access print server features using a web browser. Using a web browser, it is easy to monitor printer status and change default settings.
- Supports a built-in FTP server capable of printing TXT documents without opening a compatible application. Simply open an FTP session and PUT your files directly to the printer. FTP Services are available from any computing device on the network sporting an FTP client.
- Secure your printing device on the network. Limit access to certain devices through a built-in Restricted Server List. Make users authenticate by enabling password protection. Move the device out of the public domain by changing the SNMP community name. Disable chatty protocols and vulnerable services by using the Embedded Web Server.
Support for Lexmark and third-party printers. For use with the Lexmark E320, E322, E321, E323, Lexmark C720, C750, C910, C912, Lexmark T520, T522, T620, T622, Lexmark T630, T632, T634, Lexmark W812, W820 and Optra Color 45. Also for use with the Lexmark Optra Color 1200, Optra M410, M412, Optra S, Optra Se, Optra SC, Optra T, Optra W, Optra E310, E312 and the Lexmark Forms Series printers 2400 Series and the 4227 Plus.
Compatible with popular operating systems including Novell NetWare, Microsoft Windows (95, 98, Me, NT, 2000 and XP) as well as UNIX, Linux and Apple Mac OS
Simple to set up - Management is simplified by network settings that can be established either automatically or remotely - configure using MarkVision, command line or the GUI utilities.
Easily upgradeable - The firmware resides in flash memory which allows upgrades via software download. Firmware upgrades are flashable and can simultaneously address multiple devices.
Supports 100Mb fast Ethernet networks and 10Mb with auto-speed negotiation to determine your network speed without manual intervention.
An external print server to connect a printer to most major networks using a parallel port. Supports 1 IEEE 1284-B parallel port. For 10/100BaseTX Ethernet with RJ-45 connector.
|Network Printing Methods||LPR/LPD|
Direct IP (Port 9100)
Socket (Raw TCP/IP)
IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)
NDS Queue-based Printing
NDPS/NEPS (Novell Distributed Print Services, Novell Netware Enterprise Print Services)
|Network Protocol Support||TCP/IP IPv4|
|TCP/IP Set of Application Services||NTP: Network Time Protocol|
ping, finger, telnet
|Network Management Protocols||HTTP|
|Connectors||One RJ-45 for category 3, 4, 5, 5e, and 6 cabling|
One 36-pin Centronics for IEEE 1284 compliant parallel cabling
|Apple Macintosh Operating Systems Supported||Apple Mac OS 8.6 - 9.x|
Apple Mac OS X
|Linux Operating Systems Supported||Red Hat Linux 7.2, 7.3, 8.0|
SUSE Linux 7.2, 7.3, 8.0
|Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Supported||Microsoft Windows 2000|
Microsoft Windows 98, 2nd Edition
Microsoft Windows NT (4.00/4.00 Server)
Microsoft Windows 95 4.00.950 or later
Microsoft Windows Me
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
|Novell Operating Systems Supported||Novell NetWare 3.2, 4.2, 5.x, 6.x including full NDS and NDPS support|
Novell Distributed Print Services (NDPS) 2.0 or later with Lexmark Printing Solution
|Other Operating Systems Supported||IBM iSeries or IBM AS/400 Systems with TCP/IP with OS/400 V3R1 or later using OS/400 Host Print Transform|
Virtually any platform supporting TCP/IP
|UNIX Operating Systems Supported||(SCO) UnixWare 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.1|
Compaq (Digital) UNIX 4.0D
Compaq Tru64 UNIX 4.0F, 5.1
HP-UX 10.20, 11.00
SCO OpenServer 5.0.5, 5.0.6
SGI IRIX 6.5.x
Sun Solaris SPARC 8, 9, 10
Sun Solaris x86 7, 8, 9
IBM AIX 4.3.3, 5.1
|Web Browsers for Embedded Web Server||Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x, 6.x|
Netscape Navigator 6.x, 7.x
|Network Type||IEEE 802.3, 802.3U 10/100BaseTX Ethernet|